A Property Manager’s Guide To: Choosing A Reputable Pressure-Washing Company
One of the worst aspects of hiring a new company to complete a service, is the risk factor involved. There’s a certain amount of blind optimism that is required when selecting a company; you can only hope that your research was thorough enough, the online reviews are honest, and that the work will be done correctly and to your standards. From plumbers to landscapers to mechanics, you will ultimately have to take the leap, and nothing will truly reveal if your faith was placed in the right people, until the job is done and you can review the results. Hopefully, everything goes as planned and your money is well spent, but if not, it’s back to the drawing board to find a reputable, reliable company.
As mentioned in a previous blog, summer is the perfect time to have your property’s hardscapes and other various surfaces pressure washed. This will give your apartment building or complex a much-needed facelift, just in time to grab the attention of potential tenants looking to move this fall, as well as improve curb appeal and the general atmosphere for current residents. However, picking the right pressure washing company can be tricky and overwhelming, especially as a property manager when you’re attempting to juggle all sorts of tasks. Not to mention, the consequences of selecting a subpar pressure washing company can be detrimental to your property and the annual budget. In order to make such a daunting task easier, we’ve assembled a list of nine things to look for when on the hunt for a reputable pressure washing company this summer.
9 Factors To Consider
- Credentials – is the company licensed and insured? You’re about to let a team of people enter your property with specialty equipment to complete specialized work, you want to make sure your property is protected and in good hands.
- Shop Around – make sure you check out multiple pressure washing companies in your area to ensure you’re aware of all your options.
- Experience – how many years has the company been pressure washing? Do they have experience washing commercial buildings, multifamily homes, breezeways, stairwells and so on? If your building(s) includes high reach places, ensure the company is experienced and comfortable with completing such jobs.
Integrity – do they guarantee their work? A company that has confidence in their work will guarantee the end product, fixing or adjusting as needed until professional standards have been met.
- Check Reviews – if they’re mainly positive, great! If half or more of the reviews are negative, go ahead and cross them off the list.
- Equipment – you’re looking for top of the line equipment that is made to reach those high-up or difficult places as well as stubborn stains that require high pressure and heat to remove.
- Cooperation – to determine a company’s flexibility, you’ll have to communicate directly with someone at each of the companies you’re interested in. This is a time-consuming step, but necessary to making the best decision. See how willing the company is to work with your schedule – timing can be difficult when needing to clean a massive property – as well as other requirements you may have. If you get the impression that the company is not willing to work with you, I’d recommend not working with them, seems only fair.
- Transparency – Are they clear with their pricing? Will they break down roughly what their pressure washing process is? Do they answer your other questions frankly? Honesty is key to beginning a healthy and successful service provider/client relationship and without it, you’re signing up for a disaster. If you feel the company is being cagey with their answers or they outright refuse to provide more information, continue looking.
- Avoid the Cheapest in Town – if a deal seems too good to be true, more than likely, it is. A “cheap” job done now may mean very expensive fixes down the road. Look for estimates that sit comfortably in the middle of your budget, this way you won’t break the bank but you’re also avoiding those more irreputable companies hoping to make a quick buck.
When It’s Time To Choose
With summer already halfway through, it’s time to request a pressure washing estimate for taking care of your complex’s exterior cleaning before the season changes. Improve your property’s curb appeal, value, prevent other damages, and promote a healthier and safer environment for your residents by hiring trustworthy and vetted professionals to complete the job. Hopefully the list above has provided some insight that will assist you in making a much more thorough and supported decision as to which cleaning service is right for your apartment building(s).
Don’t know where to start? Check out the professionals at Snugs Services and their work from years past for proof of experience and integrity. At Snugs, we’ve been pressure washing commercial, residential and multifamily structures for years. This experience has resulted in us perfecting our business model, complete with top-of-the-line training, custom equipment and the ability to work around almost any obstacle or schedule. Our skilled crews consider the safety of your residents and property their top priority and will do everything in their power to complete the job quickly, efficiently, without error and at a reasonable price. We take pride in our work and are confident you will as well. Don’t wait for summer to come to an end, call Snugs Services to schedule your apartment complex’s pressure washing today!
Snugs Pro Wash, Inc, dba SNUGS Services, has been providing high quality Pressure Washing Services in Portland, OR since 1995. Started as a residential pressure washing and roof cleaning service, SNUGS is now one of the leading exterior cleaning companies in the Northwest. From our humble beginnings as a man with a truck and a trailer we have grown to become a multi-million dollar company serving corporate customers, name brands, and mom and pop companies alike.